Tuesday, September 15, 2015







Hi dear ones!


First off, my outfit. This dress is perfect for the heat in Redding, the colors bring life. These photos were taken before my arrival to the States, thus I am wearing the cardigan(which is actually my sisters). These sneakers are my favorite to wear with anything, they are super comfy. Second, the weeks are passing quickly. I finally found time to concentrate on the blog! I intend to keep everyone updated as frequently as possible. Here is a short update of my life since I arrived in the States.

Upon our arrival to SF, we spent 2,5hours in traffic! This traffic jam was crazy town!! We left SF and headed up north. I met up with my Californian family and we continued to Paradise. Paradise is a beautiful place in the mountains of Northern California. The time I spent with my Californian family was precious; our days were filled with kayaking, and finding a car. My "new" baby is a retro purplish Jeep! The Jeep, does the job to help me get around. You need a car in the States because there are few sidewalks, the system is different here. So, I am really happy I found an affordable Jeep. I can even go to the Redwoods and sleep in the Jeep. Now, that is cool, or what.

I arrived in Redding two weeks ago, one day last week it was +47/117F!! It was like sauna outside, ironically indoors is like an igloo! It does not make any sense, but it is how they roll around here...

My primary reason for living in Redding, California is to be involved with audio engineering, photography as well as building community. One of the projects I am part of includes recording/filming conferences, videos, and live streams. I am really excited about audio engineering and especially post-production, since I want to produce music on my own in the future. Editorials and photoshoots comprise my current venues in photography, an art that will always be part of my life. Each week here is different. Next weekend, I am heading to LA for an event for independent artists and I am going to visit Sony picture studios!

Over the past couple of days I have pondered perseverance and surrounding yourself with the right people. First, perseverance pays off. I paid a price to be here, and its worth it. When you are faced with a sacrifice, do the right thing, don´t give up, hold onto hope, and pursue your dreams. Someone once told me, success is dependent on a chain of multiple people and the chain is as strong as the weakest link. Application of the weakest link idea touches many situations across life. I feel privileged to be surrounded by amazing people with expertise in my field of audiovisual communications as well as with my spiritual journey. It is good to be aware of who we surround ourselves with. Individuals who are wiser than ourselves help us to grow. Let's be strong links for others around us, to help them reach their full potential. It is time for all of us to rise, shine, and be the light!

May your week be full of joy! Be thankful for all things. Life is a gift.


Intricately yours,

Marjo



Photos by Tim Kiukas

Dress: Zara
Shoes: Vagabond



No comments:

Post a Comment