Sunday, March 11, 2018

 




















S I R E N A


"He is absolutely enchanting and powerfully romantic.

It seems shocking or over exaggerated, especially when I see Him from my places of hopelessness and chronic despair. SO...

Today I have chosen to face every enemy that suggests that God is not "that good."

Today, I will leave behind the ocean of of impossibility to embrace the One who clothes me with gowns made for queens. And...

After I´ve danced with Him and memorized His choreography of goodness I will come back to this ocean of despair, face it, and destroy it with the violent beauty that He has bestowed on me."

-Introduction to the movie Sirena-

I had the privilege to be a part of a short-movie called Sirena, while I lived in California(there´s a link to the movie in the end of the blog). I absolutely loved creating this piece of art - from co-directing, script-writing, photography, styling, editing to sound design. I actually did all of the sound design and even though it took a lot of time, I really enjoyed geeking and playing with sounds! The director and producer, Annette, did most of the photography but I took some too(like the ones above). Making Sirena was such a blast but also challenging. What happened during the process and what I´ve kept in my heart during these years, is, that everything is possible when you just believe. It takes a lot of work, time, effort, courage, money, inspiration, imagination and childlikeness to actually make movies. But when you love something you do, you really don´t care about the cost. This short-movie wouldn´t have been possible without all the effort people put in it, I´m so proud of all of them and the outcome. Even though I don´t have as much time as I would want to for creative expressions right now, I still hold on to every dream of mine and do what I can in this season(like post these projects I´ve been a part of). :)

I present to you dear friends, Sirena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMruGZCIAk&feature=youtu.be



Intricately Yours,

Marjo






No comments:

Post a Comment