Sunday, January 14, 2018







Overcoming fears


In this post I really want to share my heart and dig a little deeper.

We all have been there - different fears whispering to our ears; fear of failure, fear of man, fear of rejection.. just a few to mention and the list goes on and on. But why are we afraid of what people even think of us? What does it matter if I fail? What then if everybody doesn´t like what I do? Many times we don´t start or do things, because we are afraid and let fears dictate our lives. But when you imagine a kid trusting her loving Daddy, she isn´t hesitant of trying out new things or afraid of failure. She knows she is Loved and accepted even if she would fail. That should be our way of thinking as well. There´s nothing we should be afraid of, if we trust we are being cared and loved for.

I´m still in the process of getting rid of even the last bit of fears in my own life and this is also one of the reasons why I started blogging again. Not only that I want to inspire you through fashion and all things beautiful, my desire is to bring hope and freedom to you as well. Most of you, my dear readers, hear this from me here for the very first time. I´ve been battling with different fears for many years and just recently got freedom from a lot of them. I haven´t been talking about this to too many people and I guess there has been a fear of what people think of me considering this subject as well.

Since my inner processes started, a lot has shifted and I really don´t want to let any fears dictate my life anymore. Many times we are not aware and even realize what we are been led by. Most people don´t realize they´ve been "bound" by a fear until they are free from it and that happened to me. I wasn´t aware I listened to f.ex fear of man(always wanting to please people, everyone to like me etc.) since I was so used to it. It robbed me from living to the fullest and others around me as well. If something becomes "familiar" to you, it´s easy to listen to it. But that isn´s how it should go. All of us should be completely free to be who we are and enjoy life, without fears limiting our lives, right? If there are any fears that affect your thinking, it´s not worth listening to them, since they only rob you. And I´m talking about the kind of irrational fears I mentioned. Fears are thoughts that try to affect our thinking and if we let them dictate our mind, our life can become only a small portion of that potential we could be. I bet you agree with me on this; It is so important to take every thought captive and only let life-giving thoughts to your mind. Have you ever heard of a battlefield of mind? Most battles happen in our mind but let´s not give in to the fears!

I´m a firm believer of great Love that came to bring freedom to us all and His name is Jesus. He has brought freedom to me and I can´t be silent! He has just been so so good to me. Even if we can attain a certain level of freedom in our minds with positive thinking etc, at least I need a greater power to empower me. He is the only one that can give a peace that passes all understanding and He is willing to give it to anyone who desires it. Connect with me, if you want to know more about my beliefs. I hope you got some nuggets from this and are inspired to live your life to the fullest without fears! Let´s find the ways so we can get back to the track of life together. We need a family - people that stand by us, support, believe in us and love us - even if we fail. I´m so grateful for my extended family all over the world that have believed in me and prayed for me. I wouldn´t be the same today without them! You know who you are. :)

After all this deep digging, It´s time to talk about my outfit! I love love love this very puffy H&M blue winter jacket. It´s something different than wearing black, which is the most convenient color everywhere. And these photos don´t really do justice to these pants. I really like the graphics on them. Other Stories woolly beanie is my favorite hat right now. Bring on the colors!

Wishing you all a lovely week!


Intricately yours,

Marjo













Photos by Tim Kiukas / Sonja Suonikko

No comments:

Post a Comment